1. Do you thankfully recognize this child as God’s gift to you and your family?
2. Do you and your spouse purpose in your hearts to be committed to each other? When you grow together as husband and wife, you provide a loving, stable, and secure environment needed for your child to mature. Will you covenant to strengthen your marriage relationship?
For those who may be single parents, do you purpose in your heart to grow in your walk with the Lord, to make wise and biblical choices regarding your relationship with others, and to do every thing within your means to provide a loving, stable, and secure environment for your child?
3. Do you purpose in your hearts to be parents of personal faith; to recognize that your children are more likely to accept Christ as Lord if you do, more likely to respect people if you do, more likely to pray, read the Bible, and attend church by the model they first observe in you?
4. Do you purpose in your hearts to be parents of patience - to recognize that your desire to shape this gift of God, with his or her inherent strengths and weaknesses, is a task that requires time, prayer, and God working to produce in your children what He and you hope for?
5. Do you purpose in your hearts to spend quality time with your child? Each new day brings an opportunity to watch your child grow and develop. Will you strive to enjoy each precious moment together?